1. Should young children be taught IT skills?
Our ICT Curriculum is made up of approximately 175+ modules that are integrated with the classroom curriculum in South African pre primary and primary schools. The modules contain all the required Learning Outcomes, Assessment Standards and follow a step-by-step plan of how to achieve the desired outcome. For example, if the 10 year olds are learning about planets with their class teacher, when they attended IT lessons they would complete the "Planets" module where they would draw the planets using the Autoshape tool in Word and then shade the planets in their relevant colours using the shading tool. This is integration at its best so IT is not being taught as such -the IT Skills are therefore incidental in the learning process and the focus is on content.
2. What software do you make use of?
We make use of commercially available software (MS Office or Open Office) as well as unique Southern African software and worksheets/activities that we have created. At primary school level we make use of a wide variety of fun educational software that we can use for integration purposes.
3. What is the e-Learner certification?
The e-Learner certification course is offered to school aged learners as well as adults. e-Learner is an ECDL endorsed product which equips candidates with a solid foundation for progressing on to the ECDL / ICDL qualification. It is a certified, modular course of progressive ICT skills utilising courseware from e-Learner. Using a unique and integrated approach, e-Learner provides the means to acquire essential ICT skills across a spectrum of 7 units. Once the required skills have been completed for all the units, the learner completes online assessments in each of the units. After successful completetion of each of the unit exams, an accredited e-learner certificate will be issued to the learner.
4. Is it necessary that my primary school child receives an international
The importance of certification cannot be over stressed in our times where people are losing jobs, unemployment is high and school pressure creating its own issues. Your child will be one step ahead of his/her peers with an international certificate. International certification and assessments creates a very important mindset with learners regarding how important it is to receive certification from a recognised institution and not from the corner IT centre down the road.
5. Do you have some sample lessons I can try?
Yes we do. Click here and choose between the learner or adult versions.
6. What makes you different from the other companies offering similar services?
- The product and opportunity is quite unique in South Africa and fills a niche market.
- Our curriculum has been internationally endorsed by the ECDL Foundation in Ireland and we are the only company world wide providing international certification at this level.
- We are a South African born company created and managed by a team of Educators.
- Our core focus is education and ICT
- Our curriculum is Southern African based and is an integrated adaptable and flexible curriculum, not an adapted overseas or foreign curriculum
- All licensees have the option of becoming fully fledged ICDL centres with the option of offering the full spectrum of ICDL courses (see www.icdl.org.za) making your centre quite unique
- Our curriculum, although flexible, allows for progression of ICT skills through integration
- We offer continuous support and backup at all times